The Poetry Place
QueSPER Research Plan Poetry
Place Work Plan Note-taking Worksheets
Thinking and Planning
Writing and Rewriting
Editing and Finishing
To Pages for this Project
Books and References
Frost, Robert. Stopping
By Woods on a Snowy Evening; illus. by Susan Jeffers. New York: Dutton,
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth. Hiawatha;
illus. by Susan Jeffers. New York: Dial Books for Young
- Milne, A. A. Now We Are Six; with
decorations by Ernest H. Shepard. New York: Dutton, 1988.
- Milne, A. A. When We Were Very Young;
with decorations by Ernest H. Shepard. New York: Dutton, 1992.
- Myers, Walter Dean. Harlem; illus. by
Christopher Myers. New York: Scholastic, 1997. (Caldecott Honor
- Nelson, Marilyn. Carver: a Life in Poems. Ashville,
NC: Front Street, 2001.
- Noyes, Alfred. The Highwayman; illus. by Charles Keeping.
New York: Oxford University Press for Children, 1999. (Kate Greenaway Medal
- Paraskevas, Betty. Gracie Graves and the Kids from Room
402; illus. by Michael Paraskevas. New York: Harcourt, 1995.
- Richards, Laura E. Tirra Lirra: Rhymes Old and New;
illus. by Marguerite Davis. Boston: Little Brown, 1955.
- Ridlon, Marci. That Was Summer. Chicago?: Wilcox &
- Shakespeare, William. Complete Sonnets. New
York: Dover, 1991.
- Service, Robert W. The Cremation of Sam
McGee; paintings by Ted Harrison. New York: Greenwillow, 1986.
- Stevenson, Robert Louis. A Child's Garden of Verses;
illus. by Gyo Fujikawas. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 1985.
Links to Other
Four Research Page